Saturday, October 6, 2012

Trail Running

I see so many people jogging along the sidewalk, through neighborhoods and in town.  As a trainer I love to see this movement and exercise, but for me, the pavement is too harsh, the openness too brittle.  I love the woods.

The dirt under my feet is soft and naturally shock absorbing; the smell is energizing.  You may see deer or a chipmunk around any turn in my path.  The sun as it shines through the leaves fills me with hope and peace.  And the dog walkers and children I meet along the way are happy, eager to say "Hi!" as I pass.

If you have the opportunity, try a jog along a woodsy trail - it may be a turning point for you as well.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
 
I took the one less traveled by,
 
And that has made all the difference.
 
Robert Frost (1874–1963)

   
Lisa Campbell - Personal Trainer and Fitness Instructor
Balance Strength Personal Training and Fitness
 
"Tail to the Trail" Trail Program
 
October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment